Monday, January 17, 2011

still here... :)

Can't believe how long it's been since I posted!

This past year has been CRAZY busy! So much has happened! I loved making a book from my blog the last time and would like to do that again so I am going to try and post more often - I'm afraid there will be a lot of "catch up" to do though so bear with me if you're checking in - Just be warned that I might be writing about Christmas in July... ;)

The BEST NEWS of late is that I am back to being a stay at home mom! I am so excited! A little nervous as we really don't have excess money or anything to allow for it - but my being gone 40 hours a week just for a few hundred bucks was NOT worth the loss of time at home. Not only are the kids and I happier (and Eric because I'm actually cooking dinner regularly again) but my house is loving it too! I am finally decluttering the last year of piles...

Eric just switched jobs - but not really - as he is the same thing (Wildlife Biologist) but just has a different management area - his big move is in moving his stuff across the hall to another office. :) He will have different focus species - no longer big game - and a diff. location for field work - but we aren't moving or anything. He accepted the transfer in order to make more money - a small raise which will help my transition to being home.

I am so blessed. My life is so good - Heavenly Father loves me and gives me so much to be grateful for. :)

2 comments:

Kristy said...

I love that you get to stay home now! Your kids will thank you!

amy jo said...

happy to have you back! Also so happy to hear you are happy to be home again. I'm all for what keeps you smiling. I need a picture to be able to vote on your poll : )