Tuesday, January 5, 2010

growth charts

It is true that kids grow like weeds! I have the proof (well not for the rate of weed growth-just the kids). Thanks to my measuring board (thanks again for the idea Christine!!) we captured the crazy growth rates of my kids this past year- (they are fairly short for their ages too believe it or not. - well maybe not Maiah)

From 12/31/09 to o1/04/10 here are the totals:

Christian grew 3 1/2"
Maiah grew 3 1/2"
Kathryn grew 3"
Erica grew 2"
(Maiah passed her last year and has stayed ahead by a few inches)

The real crazy thing is that 1 1/4" of Christian's inches happened since his birthday Nov. 8th! I had bought him some new pants around then and they are already becoming "floods".

I love having the board to keep track - then we can just take it with us whenever we move (whenever that might be).

3 comments:

Kristy said...

We have one of those and my kids love to measure themselves. Then they can't figure out why mom and dad aren't getting any taller!

Christine said...

Totally cool! I hope you meant 12/31/2008 - because 3 1/2" of growth in a week would be craziness. So fun.

Eric and Tracey said...

haha - yeah - Totally 12/31/2008:)