Sunday, March 21, 2010

fun times...

So we survived a short time with a few little kids over for the latest birthday time. K had a great day and loved having friends play, and designing her own cake, games, and party.








She saw the picture on a Betty Crocker cake mix several months ago of a cake like this and wanted one. Thankfully with a spring birthday there are lots of cute things to choose from to add - like the paper flower picks. Made the cake a breeze to throw together. I had a scouting meeting all morning and got home about 1 1/2 hours before party time. We frosted the cake, blew up balloons, finished the game plans, and were ready with 20 minutes to spare (all because I forgot what time the party start - thankfully it started later than I thought so I bought myself an extra half hour of time).
I taught the kids the "Heavy Heavy Hangover thy poor head..." She liked it.
Of course Grandma A always sends presents for everyone so little boy lined up his new cars.

1 comment:

Amber Bennett said...

Sounds like you had fun. Love the cake.